Did you know that in 1992, a 40 foot shipping container full of rubber ducks fell into the ocean and they are still being washed ashore today? While your business likely won’t be shipping thousands of rubber ducks, if you’re in need of short or long term shipping container storage in Nashville, Tennessee, then you’ve come to the right place.
With a variety of storage needs, there are some best practices to ensure your materials are properly and securely stored in your mobile shipping unit. Having the added advantage of mobility with shipping container storage units can benefit your construction site storage needs by offering variability and flexibility.
Here’s what you need to know about portable storage container units:
- Effective Storage Solutions
- Organize Your Mobile Units
- Protective Solutions
- Short and Long Term Portable Storage Containers
Effective Storage Solutions
If you are considering shipping container storage in Nashville, Tennessee, the first step is to figure out what is right for your organization. Choosing packing materials that will work for your shipping container is half the battle, which is why coming up with a storage plan that works for you is important.
Prior to loading your container, there can be a number of things you need to consider when deciding which options will work best for you. You should first think about the materials you will use in your unit that will remain the most stable. Take into account any moves that you may have to make when loading your shipping containers.
Your shipping containers will need to be secured after you have successfully loaded your materials and products. Choosing the best mobile shipping unit security option can be difficult, as there are a lot of options available. If you need niche storage, Liberty Waste in Nashville, Tennessee can offer you the right advice.
Here are different types of protective solutions for your portable storage container needs:
- Locks: Heavy duty padlocks tend to be the simplest way of locking up your stored materials in a shipping container. Crossbar locks also help to prevent the door locking handles from turning, meaning if someone attempts to cut a padlock or locking latch, they will still be unable to gain access to the inside of your container.
- Lock Boxes: If heavy duty padlocks are still not enough security for your storage containers, lock boxes are also a great, safe choice. Steel container lock boxes tend to be big enough for you to fit your padlock and key into, but small enough to prevent anyone from tampering with your lock or cutting it open. These options tend to be easy to install and effective in security measures.
- Alarm Systems: For those who need to store their shipping containers in more remote or unsafe locations, you may want to invest in an alarm system for your unit. For some shipping container storage solutions, there can be custom made alarms built for storage needs. These can include anything from motion detectors, sensors and TV monitoring.
- Container Covers: When it comes to your shipping container storage safety solutions, adding a container cover to your units can be a great way to implement functional, security measures. The size and openings of your container covers can often be customized so that you can even utilize the space between you cover and your unit. This provides optimum storage and safety measures for your unique storage needs.
Organize Your Mobile Units
Maintaining an organized mindset is the key to maximizing the use of shipping storage containers. Upon determining your container size and determining your storage solution, you will then be able to begin filling in your materials and items. To ensure that your items are properly sorted into your container, sort or organize them according to their size and weight before loading.
You’ll want to carefully label your boxes so you know what’s inside and avoid putting too many light items in large boxes. Any heavier items should be placed toward the bottom of your container first. Ideally, this can help distribute the load evenly, and leave fewer gaps to prevent shifting during any form of transportation. You can ensure the security of your materials by staying organized when you store them in portable storage containers.
Short and Long Term Portable Storage Containers
Renting the right storage containers for your construction storage needs can often be a pricey feat. With Liberty Waste’s Nashville portable construction storage solutions, you can rent the best storage containers for your on-site team. Store any essential documents, supplies, tools, and equipment on-site to save significant time and money.
At Liberty Waste, we offer different portable storage container options to accommodate your on-site construction needs. Our solutions include:
- Easy & Light-Weight Door Accessibility
- Comfortable & Safe Container Handles
- Grease-Fit Hinges to Sustain a Longer Box Life
- High Security Lock Boxes
Visit Liberty Waste and secure high-quality mobile storage rentals for your construction site in Nashville, TN today.